COVER STORY | FEBRUARY 2014 | LORDE


'Royals', if you haven't heard of it or don't know who sings it then I'm sorry but wherein God's name have you been for the past three months (and of course, I'm not talking about the Royal Family, although they're quite sassy too). I'm talking of course about Lorde, who has burst onto the music scene, quite literally with her catchy tune that's taken everyone by storm which is why I wanted her on a cover for Trend.

When I first heard the song, I was hooked pretty much straight away and for me, it's usually the lyrics to songs that get me hooked on them. The lyrics "we count our dollars on the train to the party, and everyone who knows us knows, that we're fine with this, we didn't come for money" got me hooked on Lorde and her album 'Pure Heroine'. I moved onto her album straight away pretty much raping the reply button and got addicted to 'Still Sane', 'Buzzcut Season''Ribs', and 'Tennis Court'. Watching her collaboration with Disclosure at the BRIT Awards last night pretty much summed up my opinion of her career in one phrase: that I am completely and utterly in love with her style, music, and her ability to be able to capture her personality through her music, which in my opinion, a lot of artists don't seem to do.

Her style, is much more mature than a 'typical' seventeen year old to be honest, and I love that, it reminds me of the kind of style that an early twenties girl has (she's had some experience but is still playing around with her options, both musically and stylishly). My favourite look was probably her BRIT Award 2014 look of a sparkly black dress matched with dark gothic make-up and black boots, a killer and fierce look, and a look that was the complete opposite to what's on our cover of pastels and sweetness showing the darker side to her cool style and music. It's the main reason why I loved it when I saw her, and I continue to fangirl when I hear her music, on my iPod, on the radio and hopefully maybe, one day in concert because for me Lorde isn't just another 'corporate' act, she's an eclectic, fierce and laid back songwriter and performer and I can't wait to see where her music takes her in the future.


What do you think about Lorde's music and her style? Leave me a comment below and tweet me: @TREND__FASHION to let me know what you think!

NEXT POST

Comments